Terms & Conditions
1. The premises are let for holiday accommodation purposes only. All bookings are made for the dates as shown on the response email/letter/receipt and are taken in good faith by Waters Edge The Srand management, however, bookings may be subject to change prior to the commencement of the booking.
2. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner of the premises and Waters Edge, The Strand management will not accept responsibility for any decision, action or arrangement of the current or a new owner of the premises, including but not limited to, the sale of the property, withdrawal from rental, the property being rendered uninhabitable, a change in the accommodation fee or the alteration of the property in any way prior to your occupation.
Waters Edge reserves the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in Waters Edge’s opinion renders the booking impractical. Waters Edge will attempt to notify you as soon as possible and to use their reasonable endeavours to arrange alternative accommodation or dates suitable to you on your behalf. The Guest will be required to pay any difference in price between the booking made with Waters Edge Management & the recommended property or the Guests own choice of property. Failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right, action or demand shall exist in or be made by either party.
3. All rates are subject to increase without notice. Should this occur you will be notified and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff or receive a full refund of your deposit.
4. If a rate is applied to a booking and that booking is altered in length or date, then the tariff will be re-calculated using the daily rate for the relevant season. If a reduced long -term rate is applied to a booking and that booking is reduced in length, then the tariff will be re-calculated using the daily rate for the relevant season.
5. The premises are available between the hours of 2.00pm – 4.00pm QLD time on the day of arrival. Waters Edge Management may allow early check-in. The premises are to be vacated by 10.00am QLD time on the day of departure. Keys &/or Electronic Fobs, must be collected from Reception and be returned to Reception. After Hours procedures are available upon request. Any late departures will incur a fee. A maximum of two sets of keys/Fobs per tenancy can be provided & must be returned.
6. Duplicate keys are not available. Tenants are liable for damage caused when doors or windows have to be forced open, or if a locksmith is called out due to keys being lost or stolen or locked inside. The loss of a key is incurs a charge of $250. Surcharges apply for replacements on weekends, public holidays or outside of reception hours. The keys are your responsibility so please take care of them.
7. If Waters Edge Management is called out after office hours to give access to Room due to misplaced or loss key/fob, a call-out fee of $50 is payable to Managment prior to receiving duplicate or gaining entry to room.
8. A booking that has not been confirmed by payment of a deposit, cancels the booking. Guests will receive a Booking Confirmation email & a copy of the receipt showing the amount paid. The Guest can expect confirmation of the booking within 7 days of payment of a deposit (in part or in full). The Guest must notify Waters Edge Management if they do not receive this notification. If a booking has not received the full deposit required by its due date, the booking is cancelled. The $100 administration fee is charged and the balance refunded to your original payment details. Event bookings, eg: V8’s bookings – must be paid 2 weeks prior to arrival. Bookings can not be moved or cancelled due to bad weather. $10 administration fee is charged for any cancellation or change of booking dates.
9. Rent for the full period of the booking must be paid by Electronic deposit into Trust Account (AUD), credit card (VISA or Mastercard only) before occupancy. No CASH is accepted. A Check-In registration form is required to be completed upon Check- in by the Guest(s) who’s name appears on the Booking Ledger. Current credit card details of the booked Guest(s) are essential as a security deposit for bookings. If no credit card, a Cash Bond of $300 is required. Cash Bonds will be refunded after a full inspection of the apartment the same or the following day of check out. The Guest/s will be responsible for any damage to the premises or the Common Property, loss, or damage to any items in the premises including but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, furniture, kitchen utensils, crockery, cutlery, and fittings. In the event that the property has been either damaged, whether such damage is willful or not, or left in an excessively dirty or untidy state it is the sole and absolute discretion of the Manager and/or its servants and agents, without reference enter a debit on the credit card or deduct from the security bond of the guest and the guest hereby authorizes the Manager and/or its servants and agents to do so.
10. All units are strata titled. They are individually owned & decorated. On our website, we have displayed photos of typical apartments. This is neither the best apartment nor the worst. The photos are used as a guide. Any printed, written, or verbal description of the premises or position by Waters Edge Management or an employee of Waters Edge is made in good faith and to the best of our knowledge; however, no responsibility for misrepresentation, errors, or omissions will be accepted. All courtesy will be given of genuine dissatisfaction.
11. Any Terms & Conditions or information or terms and conditions contained in holiday brochures or related websites are subject to alteration without notice, and to the extent of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions prevail.
12. All properties under Waters Edge management are privately owned and are rented on a nightly basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or Waters Edge Management to compensate or discount your accommodation.
13. In the event of any maintenance conducted by the Body Corporate Committee of Waters Edge, there is no obligation from the Body Corporate Committee, Apartment Owner or Waters Edge Management, to compensate or discount your accommodation.
14. In the event of any renovation/building work being carried out in or near the apartment premises, such work is beyond the control of Waters Edge Management and the Owner , then Waers Edge Management cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience guests may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated in these circumstances.
15. Should a trades person be sent out upon your request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost of the call out will be charged to Guest(s).
16. Linen is supplied which includes bed sheets, bath towels, hand towels, bath mat & tea towel. Beach towels are available to hire from Reception at a small charge. Please note linen must be used on all bedding & remains the property of Waters Edge. Any Guest requiring a service that is not provided as part of the tariff. Guests may request a Service and charges will apply for the carrying out of the Service.
17. To abide by the local health regulation & Body Corporate By-Law, No Pets are permitted on or about the premises. Immediate eviction will follow with no refund given.
18. At no time during the occupancy by the Guest(s) shall the number of persons residing overnight exceed the number of beds. Each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of guests. It is against Health Department & State Fire Regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. No mattresses, tents or caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate immediately with no refund made.
19. Apartments are quoted for family groups only and not for parties of single girls and/or boys. Rooms are let for holiday & leisure purposes only. Waters Edge has a NO PARTY POLICY to ensure we can protect the complex from damage and maintain it to the standard expected of the property. Schoolies bookings cannot be accepted as we do not have the policies, procedures & resources to accommodate these bookings. Our policy is also to ensure all our guests can enjoy their time with us and not be inconvenienced by noise or actions of other guests. If a room is left extra dirty you will incur extra fees. this applies to rubbish left in rooms or dishes not cleaned and put away.
20. No parties of any kind are tolerated on these premises. Any person(s) found to be creating excessive noise, having a party in their apartment, or exceeding the number of permitted guests will be evicted without a refund at the discretion of staff on duty. Any subsequent damage will be charged to the guest. Waters Edge Management reserves the right to evict a guest and/or visitors. THERE WILL BE NO WARNING GIVEN. The following is a list of examples (but not limited to) in which Waters Edge Management may evict a guest or visitor without warning, should condition warrant:
- Intoxication and unsavory behaviour
- Overcrowding (when the number of persons in the apartment exceeds the number of sleeping positions)
- Physical or verbal assault towards Management, Staff, residents, or other guests
- Willful damage to Waters Edge property
- Any incident for which the police need to be called on to the premises
- Any behaviour posing a safety threat to others
- Ignoring advice to reduce excessive noise (music or other noise)
- Throwing of objects over balconies or from windows
- Smoking, smoke fumes / smell, damage caused by smoking
21. The premises must be kept clean. Dishes must be washed, dried & put away, rubbish must be removed from the property and furniture must be left where found, in the property, upon arrival. Additional cleaning fees apply if the unit is not left how it is found and is charged without notice.
22. Fish must not be cleaned on the premises. Garbage is to be placed in bins provided, not left inside the unit. Garbage bins are provided with all apartments. Please ensure that all garbage is removed from the apartment and placed in bins provided.
23. No keg beer or bottled gas is permitted in the apartments as per Body Corporate By-Laws.
24. Where applicable The Body Corporate By-Laws must be observed. It is a breach of Body Corporate By-Laws to hang clothes, towels or other articles over balconies.
Repairs for damages to any common property must be paid for by the Guest/s and/or invitees of the Guest/s.
25. Vehicles may park in any space in the carpark. One secure car-park is provided per room. Additional parking is located in the Visitors Car park or street side.
26. All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area.
27. Apartment doors are NOT to be left wedged open. Forcing an apartment door to remain open is a breach of the QLD Fire Regulations and will compromise your personal safety.
28. When a guest registers or an invitee of a guest enters the premises, they are deemed to be bound by these agreements.
29. No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the Waters Edge Management or Owners control. No responsibility is taken for guest’s personal property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance or adequate travel insurance should any unexpected situations arise before or during your travel period. Any items left on the premises upon check-out will be deemed as not required by the exiting guests and subsequently disposed of.
30. Waters Edge Management takes NO responsibility for items left upon check-out. If requested by the Guest, we will endeavour to recover and return items of obvious value inadvertently left in your room, but take absolutely no responsibility for the recovery or return. Postage, packaging and the cost of sending out a staff member to search for the item will need to be paid in advance; a minimum cost of $25.00 applies.
31. We do our best to ensure your booking arrangements are satisfactory, however, Waters Edge Management does not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond its control including, but not limited to, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action.
32. All parties agree that Queensland law governs this agreement and all proceeds should be filed in a Queensland Court. Should a proceeding be filed in a court located in any other state all parties agree to have the proceedings moved to the closest court to the head office of Columbia Apartments.
34. Waters Edge Terms & Conditions may change at any time. Guests, upon booking, agree to the Terms & Conditions set at the time of occupancy.
WE RECOMMEND THAT COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE BE TAKEN OUT TO COVER FOR ANY UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES
Cancellation policy of 72 hours prior to booking arrival date is active.
Should you wish to cancel your booking, please notify us in writing to email@example.com
- Where Guests neglects to pay the monies when owed, Waters Edge reserves the right to deem this as a cancellation and cancel the booking.
- Alterations to the booking prior to the planned date of arrival (such as shortening the length of stay, altering the booking arrival date or booking departure date) will be treated, as a cancellation as above and a new booking will be re-quoted and issued.
- There will be no refund for early departure or non-arrival.
- Bookings made with an Online Travel Agency – Cancellations are as per original booking, please consult your booking agent for the Terms & Conditions set at the time of booking.
- There will be no refund for early departure or non-arrival.
- We do not cancel bookings or move bookings due to weather conditions.